One of the most beautiful Mughal architecture, the Badshahi mosque of Lahore was built in 1673 by sixth Mughal emperor, Abu’l Muzzaffar Mohi-Uddin Mohammad, commonly known as Aurangzeb (1618-1707). The mosque remained the largest mosque of the world for 313 years until the expansion of Prophet’s (PBUH) mosque. The construction was overseen by governor of Lahore, Muzzaffar Hussain (Fidai Khan Koka). The Badshahi mosque is the foremost cultural and religious site in Lahore. The mosque has been visited by countless international dignitaries.